Friday, September 14, 2007

Another Rant

I apologize if the tone of this post is brash, condicending or saracastic. I'm pretty pissed off. I haven't posted in a while due to the fact that i've had nothing positive to say about deejaying. Since my life revolves around turntables, it kinda makes it hard to say something nice. As you probably know, my girl is also a deejay, i'm pretty much working or talking about work 24/7. I don't mind, I enjoy what I do, and make a good living. I'm not afraid to admit i'm payed pretty well, and am doing well. I can afford to eat out and travel. Can't afford to live in that deluxe apartment yet, but ft. greene isn't that bad.

Anyway, my point... I was in the city with talking to a friend, found out that one of spots i work at has decided to ban the rane 56 from being set up. This spot sports a uri mixer, you know the one with the knobs.



As most of you know there is a separate section with the cross fader. Anyway, we've all used this at some point, but to go from rocking on a battle mixer to this sucks. Anyway the reasoning is that the deejays don't set the equipment back up the way it was, namely me, I fucked it up for everyone. Why should I have to play sound guy. managers should ask themselves this question, "would I say this to DJ so and so when we fly them in to spin?". First of all the club owns a 56 that they bring out when "certain guest deejays" come in. Do you believe the nerve. So if you fly in DJ "you fill in the blank" you'll set it up. But, you won't let me set mine up. There is a double standard, and i'm pretty fed up with it. Shitting on your resident deejays is fucked up. Now, i'm not talking about all clubs, most spots treat me well. I've got a few more things to say, but i'll save that for another post.

No comments: